- fab & scary teaser.
- A significant amount of shirtless Tom
- SUPER BREATH!
- Clark/Tess investigating was quite fun. Clark solved the mystery of the music box and used a computer! He is his very own watchtower!
- Desaad! You are campy and fabulous and you had me at "Hello, Granny!" Godfrey, I still adore you too.
- Christine Willies is as excellent a Granny Goodness as expected.
- I sure didn't see the Pamela reveal coming. On one hand, it rings false because she was Lilian's friend and stood up for Lex against his father. On the other hand, she may have hated Lionel after he seduced her. So we'll see where it goes. I would love to see Pamela again. It's a bit sad that the one person who was completely on Lilian's side, on Lex's side, was co-opted by Lionel after all.
It seems a bit of a waste to bring in Teri H. and then have her deliver a series of heavy handed Plot Points. You must fill your inner hole, Lois. And then you must fill Clark's inner hole. It would have been better IMO to have her say stuff specific to her daughter, shared memories, moments. I might have given up a tear or two for that. As it was, it was a generic "let's get this plot going" speech & despite nice acting from ED & TH...I was unmoved.
The Deja Vu
The trouble with a show in its tenth season (particularly this show) is certain scenes have become awfully familiar. Lois's maternal abandonment issues seem to merge with Lana & Chloe's maternal abandonment issues; Lois's trip to the Fortress seems very similar to previous Fortress visits. I prefer when they give Lois moments that are specifically hers - like hurling herself across Clark's desk when he tells the secret or Whitesnake power ballads. (Best Lois bit in the show, for me!)
As camptastic as ever! I couldn't decide which was funnier: Julian S's looks of mild irritation as invisible Krypton collapses around him or Helen's fluttery, whispery "Farewell!" It could only be better if Zor-El had suddenly peeked over his brother's shoulder. "Yoo-hoo! Kal-El!"
So I guess Jor-El's early season murderousness and latter season Clark-abuse is just never getting addressed, eh?
Next week: Tom directs and Aquaman gets married or something.