|Happy Birthday, Talitha!
||[Aug. 4th, 2008|11:06 am]
See, the boys got all dressed up for you!
Behind the cut, ten reasons why talitha78 is such an awesomely talented vidder!
1) She brands every song she uses her own! I will never hear "Objection (Tango)" again without instantly seeing Clark and Lex sexily circling each other. That's a good thing.
2) She can make me watch a pairing that normally I wouldn't go near. Clana scenes on SV? That's usually when I take a moment to take out the garbage or check my email! But Talitha strips away the repetitive dialogue and keeps the Pretty - and through her skillful edits I found my heart breaking (just a little bit) for a couple that usually makes me yawn.
3) She always picks the perfect song for her character vids. "Shirt Skirt, Long Jacket" - yes, that's Lois to a "T". "Cobrastyle" is the exact aural match to Lex's sexy swagger. And "James Bonde" expresses the cheeky essence of Kara:
4) Even her light-hearted vids carry a little emotional sting. With a song like "Mickey", you might expect a cute fluffy vid, but instead we get something more poignant, a look at the toll her love for Clark has taken on Chloe:
5) If she didn't use her powers for good.....she could be using them for PURE EVIL: a career in advertising! I've only seen a few episodes of "Psych". I enjoyed it - but after watching a Talitha vid, I'm determined to watch all of it. The CW promo makers only wish they were this compelling!
4) She loves Clex and the boys are so sexy in her vids. I can't even count how many times I've been back to watch her Clex vids - and I'm always greedily hoping for more, more, MORE. I love that even non-Clexers are completely smitten with "Don't Cha." And why wouldn't they be? It's not just sexy, it's also wonderfully funny. (I laugh every time Clark thumbs a "dildo"!)
3) Her vids can also make me cry. "Baby, please come home" is one of my favourite songs and when it gets the Christmas Clex treatment? Here come the waterworks! And "Because the Night": the combo of the song, the boys' beautiful faces, the way the edits weave a gorgeous narrative....I'm a happily sobbing wreck by the end. Every time.
2) She makes the cast incredibly sexy. If any of the actors look for themselves on YouTube - and I bet some of them do! - they can only be gratified by how lovingly Talitha presents them.
1) And finally...she always comes up with a great ending! I adore the moment at the end of "Faster Kill Pussycat" where Chloe and Lana turn around, as though interrupted in a clandestine moment. But my absolute favourite ending is just......"WOW."
Thanks for sharing your talents with us!