|Michael, Clex, Smallville: "Doomsday"
||[May. 14th, 2009|08:39 pm]
Happy birthday to the lovely dapixam_q - hope you are having a fab day! *kisses from Lex*
James Gunn twittered about Michael yesterday!
Looking at pics Rosey sent me of Neil Diamond before and after his fake mustache fell off at last night Lakers' game.
I want to know more about this! (I see lexalicious70 has already clarified an important point: it was Neil in the fake mustache, not Michael!)
Cassidy Freeman explains how the Tess/Clark relationship differs from Clex: "..she doesn't have the emotional baggage with Clark that Lex did. She is not as emotionally involved necessarily in her relationship with him."
No one will EVER be as "emotionally involved" with Clark as Lex!
This is one of the oddest episodes of SV I've ever seen. It's as if they tossed random chunks of script together.
Inadvertently funny bits
- Clark's masochism is really beyond a joke. No honey, Oliver is NOT right and if he hadn't sporked you with a krypto-dart and left you vulnerable in the street, things would have gone very differently.
- The single manly tear running down Oliver's cheek was too funny.
- Chloe has officially out-Lana-ed Lana: two men tummy-stabbing each other to death, ALL FOR HER!
Actual good bits
- The Lois/Tess fight was much better than the Lana/Tess fight and gave Lois some funny lines.
- Clark telling Oliver off, which is long over-due and should happen every single episode.
- Justin Hartley is actually quite good as dark!Oliver.
- Clark telling Jimmy the secret: finally a decent scene for the long-suffering Aaron Ashmore.
- why bring Rokk, Bart & Dinah back and not use them?
- I thought the Clark/Dooms fight had just begun and it was already over! The Lois/Tess fight was more impressive.
I can't decide if this is better or worse than Phantom...but it's definitely not in the league of "Arctic", with the Clex-snuggling and the love declarations and *sigh*